Join Our Team!
We are currently accepting applications for a talented designer to join the team here in Boulder, ideally with a minimum of 1-3 years of applicable experience. Our studio has an immediate need for a creative and detail-oriented designer to contribute to award-winning projects from concept level to implementation.
Day by day, we strive to have a work-life balance that allows us to stay inspired in this industry, so we can continue to produce our best work. We are located and do most of our work in Boulder and Denver, Colorado, which are beautiful, emerging cities that are ripe with opportunity. Our firm is fortunate to have been an active participant in the creation of the urban and private spaces in these cities. We take this responsibility very seriously and we want you to be inspired by this potential.
If our firm sounds like a good fit for you, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
• What is important to you about Landscape Architecture?
• What does meaningful design mean to you?
• In what ways do your teammates learn from you?
• What cities and spaces have you experienced that have inspired your love of design?
• Exemplary design and documentation skills, with a high-level working knowledge of Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD and the Adobe Suite
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in executing design elements through construction and coordination with fabricators
• 3D modeling and graphic skills
• Basic knowledge of plant material and design
• Excellent organizational skills
Responsibilities and Core Requisites
• Design, detailing, documentation, billing and project-oriented tasks
• Collaborate with consultants throughout the design and construction process
• Maintain a strong relationship with clients and subcontractors
• Provide graphics, 3D modeling, and communication support
• Manage interior project components to larger project goals
• Prioritize and balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Work effectively without close supervision
• Take accountability and ownership of project components from start to finish
• Commensurate with experience
• "Application - Your Name" in the subject of the email.
• Cover letter in the body of the email.
• Resume in PDF format.
• Portfolio in PDF format or website link.
• Send to - hello [at] marpa [dot] com